Saturday, November 13, 2010

How Do You Measure Up

So there is a vast amount of tools to measure with and by.  What is important is how you measure up your own life.  What standards do we utilize to determine where we need to make adjustments and corrections in our life?  When we realize there are areas in our life that definitely require our attention and correcting do we take the necessary proactive steps that are required to complete transitions to sharpen our lives to the standards that have been put in place.

There are many measures we can compare our lives against.  I suppose what is important here is whether or not we are honest enough with ourselves to be able to make the changes and to do so in a fashion that is socially acceptable and even more important is does it fall in line with what is best for our family involved.  I have to admit that I get a charge out of people who make decisions to go one direction or another but what is usually not taken into consideration are the people around  you that this usually affects and what the impact it will have upon their life.

With so many people looking to always find something to compare your life against will what you show them actually measure up to an acceptable standard and provide results that are truly beneficial for all that are involved whether directly or indirectly.  I realize that there are those who seem to have no inclination to be bothered with that, however, in the world we live in today I can see where directing your life in a fashion that is socially acceptable by your family and peers can almost be an inevitable arena.

While I above all people have a great compassion and understanding that trying to balance work with home life, especially, for those who are single parents trying to raise children can be difficult.  However, with that being said.....I am really believing that the primary focus should be on the family and what is in their best interest.  While we all have things that we as adults enjoy to do should not our primary focus be placed upon our children and their well being to provide them with a home that is secure and to have the assurance of their parents to know that they come before anything else.  I have to admit that in my past dealings with a wide scope of people that this has often times been a great source of tension and conflict for me as I just think people often have their priorities out of sink of where they should be for the sake of their children.  I see this way too often in this society that we live in today with the emphasis being placed on social networking site being the focus of the day and such.

It was not long ago that I recall hearing an article on the News where a woman had been charged with death of her child because he had interrupted her game on Farmville.  Really, where are our priorities and since when did children and raising them suddenly fall to the bottom of the priority list?

It just stokes my nerves and has my usually up in the air to think that most parents today seem to have very little regards for their children.  Life today seems to be more focused on the whole "What about me" syndrome.  In case some folks have forgotten but when you have children your life pretty much is no longer your own.  I see so many young people in today's society having children simply because of how glamorized it has become with several television shows that are aired and made to look so cool and acceptable.  What they do not seem to focus on is how much they have to sacrifice once their is a child involved.  I watched an episode of "Teen Mom" and my nerves went nearly through the roof because of how they glamorize the whole teen pregnancy issue.

Then we have to focus upon yet another issue which has seem to grow out of control and that is the number of innocent children being murdered within the wombs of their mothers.  If you really want me to get off on a tangent this is one topic of conversation to avoid with me.

My personal feelings towards this is simple.....

If you are not responsible enough to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and the end result is an abortion then I feel that you should be automatically sterilized and prevented from ever having the ability to produce another child.  These innocent little souls do not ask to be created, they are the reaction of what hopefully was a wanted event.  Look I realize there are those folks who have had children that were not necessarily planned and such but they managed through it and raised their little ones and nurtured them with love and provided for their needs.  I get so sick of the needless murder of the little people and those who think it is socially acceptable I would like to throw into the same pile that they place these little babies into.  Sorry, did not mean to get off of track but it is one of those sensitive areas for me and since it just fell into place I just took off and ran with it.

How do you think you are going to answer God when you stand before in judgement and provide him with an answer to how you measured up?  Will it be one that you will be proud of?  Truly makes you think a bit doesn't it?  What are your thoughts on this dynamic topic.  We would enjoy hearing from each of you!

No comments: